As big as the ravens that roam the Costco parking lot, The BIG One - Alaska's one and only annual, statewide, design competition - is back and bigger than ever! Please join us in celebrating the best in Alaska design—in person at Anchorage Museum or by live broadcast in the comfort of your own surroundings.
When/where is everything happening?
• The awards reception at Anchorage Museum will begin in the Atrium on October 2nd at 6:00 p.m. ("General Admission" tickets)
• Please use the 7th Ave. entrance (close to the A St. corner) to gain access.
• The BIG One Design Week showcase will be on display in the Education Hallway near the entrance.
• Masks are required, distancing is strongly encouraged, and capacity will be limited to 50 persons maximum at the Museum.
• The awards presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. inside the auditorium with a runtime of 30 minutes or less. ("Virtual Only" tickets)
• Winners will be indicated on individual displays in the showcase after the announcements.
Regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
AIGA Alaska is committed to creating and providing an environment where our members and guests feel comfortable, but also have the freedom to network. We will continue to follow the latest guidance from the CDC and the Anchorage Health Department. Everyone is required to wear facial coverings at the museum regardless of vaccination status. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available if needed and we ask that you keep your distance from others. Please stay home if you feel sick or have been exposed. Lastly, we encourage everyone to consider getting vaccinated. Visit anchoragecovidvaccine.org.
The BIG One 2021 theme design by Alex France. Find her work at @likethe.country on Instagram.