Friday, December 2 // Noon - 1 pm
The Boardroom, 601 W 5th Ave, 2nd Floor
$20 Members, $30 Nonmembers, $10 Students
Paths have been a mystery ever since designers started using computers. The Pathfinder Panel - something to be clicked on until you got what you wanted out of it.
Used properly, the Pathfinder Panel can cleanly combine shapes, create masks, and open the door to even more creativity. Join us as we dive deep over lunch. Learn not only how to use the Pathfinder Tool, but how to rock it. Every. Single. Time.
Workshop topics will cover:
- The Pathfinder Panel in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- How closed paths relate to each other
- How to subtract or knock out overlapping areas for the background to show through
- How to apply colors, gradients, and masks to a shape or group of shapes
- Creating clean, problem-free vector files that can go from Illustrator to InDesign as paths
And it’s perfect for:
- Logo designers
- Silkscreen artists
- Photoshop vector mask users
Lunch and Learn is a new series where designers will learn tips and tricks to boost efficiency and creativity. All over lunch.
Rock the Pathfinder Panel will be led by Anne Bacinski, leader at spin.space - a team of independent marketing and branding professionals. Bacinski’s design chops were forged through 25 years of promoting Alaskan products and services. She’s honed her craft elbow-to-elbow with the state's most talented advertising professionals, including teams in agencies, newspapers, print shops, government agencies and Native Corporations. In short, she knows a thing or two about that vexing Pathfinder Panel.
Boardroom members get the AIGA member price for this event. Choose Non-member ticket, then use the code BOARDROOMAK.